Dustin Hoffman Joins Stephen Frears' Lance Armstrong Biopic
The actor will saddle up with the rest of the cast for the movie's U.S. portion of shooting.
LONDON – Dustin Hoffman has joined the cast of Stephen Frears' untitled Lance Armstrong biopic.
Hoffman will join when the production moves to the U.S. for the final stages of the shoot, sources said on Friday. It wasn't immediately clear what role he would play.
The film marks the second collaboration between Hoffman and Frears after 1992's The Accidental Hero.
Lee Pace (The Hobbit) has also joined the cast. Other actors on the film include Ben Foster, who portrays Armstrong, Chris O'Dowd, who portrays the journalist who helped uncover the doping scandal that hit the cycling pro after multiple Tour de France wins, Guillaume Canet and Jesse Plemons.
The film is currently shooting on location in Europe. It is backed by Studiocanal U.K.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!