Dustin Hoffman to star in horse racing series
'Deadwood' scribe David Milch, Michael Mann on board pilot
HBO has given a series order to "Luck," a new drama with an A-list pedigree.
The series has "Deadwood" scribe David Milch writing the script, Dustin Hoffman in the lead role and Michael Mann directing the pilot.
"Luck" is billed as provocative look at horse racing -- the owners, gamblers, jockeys and diverse gaming industry players.
"Michael Mann delivered a pilot from David Milch's brilliant script that took our breath away," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. "We are truly excited that these two artists, and our extraordinary cast headed by Dustin Hoffman, will be bringing 'Luck' to life."
The show begins production this fall at Santa Anita and other Los Angeles locations.
The rest of the cast: Dennis Farina, John Ortiz, Kevin Dunn, Richard Kind, Jason Gedrick, Ritchie Coster, Ian Hart, Tom Payne, Kerry Condon, Gary Stevens and Nick Nolte.
Executive producers are Milch, Mann and Carolyn Strauss; co-executive producer Henry Bronchtein and producer Hoffman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)