'Quartet' Trailer: Dustin Hoffman's Directorial Debut Stars Maggie Smith as Opera Diva (Video)
The movie, set at a retirement home for aging musicians, hits theaters Dec. 28.
The trailer for Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut, Quartet, hit the Internet over the weekend.
The movie, set at a retirement home for opera singers, stars Maggie Smith as a haughty prima donna who moves to the home only to refuse to mingle with her former colleagues. She finally comes around, but the balks at their request for a reunion to sing their famous quartet from Rigoletto.
The cast also includes Tom Courtenay, Billy Connolly, Pauline Collins, Michael Gambon and Sheridan Smith.
Of the movie, which screened at Toronto, The Hollywood Reporter film critic Deborah Young wrote: "This is clearly an actors’ film about performers where Hoffman can flex his muscles and experience. He brings humor and a light touch to the clever British dialogue and sardonic social interactions."
Earlier this month, Hoffman received the Hollywood Breakthrough Director Achievement Award at the 16th annual Hollywood Film Awards.
Quartet hits theaters Dec. 28 via The Weinstein Co.
Watch the trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR