Dutch Film Festival to honor Rutger Hauer
Will receive award for contributions to Dutch film culture
AMSTERDAM -- Rutger Hauer will receive an award during the opening night of the Dutch Film Festival on Sept. 24.
Culture Minister Ronald Plasterk will give Hauer the Golden Calf 2008, an award given to people or organizations that have made a major contribution to Dutch film culture.
In addition to starring in more than 100 features, Hauer has recently shown interest in supporting new film talent with his Rutger Hauer Film Factory and the "I've Seen Films" international short-film festival, to be held this month in Milan.
Previous winners of the Golden Calf include Robby Mueller (2007), Jan Decleir (2003), Jeroen Krabbe (1996) and Paul Verhoeven (1992).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR