Dwayne Johnson Named CinemaCon Action Star of the Year
He'll receive the honor at the upcoming convention of theater owners in Las Vegas.
Dwayne Johnson will be lauded with the Action Star of the Year Award at CinemaCon.
Hosted by the National Association of Theater Owners, CinemaCon runs April 23-26 in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace.
"An exciting performer who first gained attention from audiences around the world when he developed the iconic character 'The Rock,' Dwayne Johnson has taken his charismatic presence to the big screen and has proven over and over again that he can entertain audiences of all ages -- whether it be an action-paced film or a family comedy," CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
This summer, Johnson stars in Paramount tentpole G.I. Joe: Relaliation. He's currently still in theaters in box office hit Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, from Warner Bros.
Johnson will receive the CinemaCon award during Paramount's opening night presentation.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR