DWTS's Maksim Chmerkovskiy to Star in Ukraine 'Bachelor'
The ballroom dancer blogs that he "turned down the American version."
Dancing With the Stars' Maksim Chmerkovskiy will star in a Ukranian version of The Bachelor, he announced on his blog.
"First thing first. I AM doing the Ukrainian version of our Bachelor. The fact that I've turned down the American version has NOTHING to do with my 'dislike' of American women. (The statement is so absurd that I can't believe I'm even dignifying it with a reply)," wrote Chmerkovskiy.
The dancer, who came in third place on the ABC hit with partner Brandy last season, listed his reasons for doing the show: he's "truly tired" from so much dancing, producers convinced him he could find "the one," the first season will be the "most real" and he thinks he can "give back" to his native country.
The biggest reason? "This is the first thing in a VERY LONG TIME that I'm doing something for ME. For the first time, I don't really care what people think. The first time that I'm not being 'judged', 'placed' or 'criticized,' be blogged.
The premiere ratings for the 10th season of the Bachelor in the U.S., starring Brad Womack for the second time, were down 12 percent.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR