E! Canada Orders Reality Series About Transgender Beauty Queen
Jenna Talackova failed to convince Donald Trump to allow her into the Miss Universe Canada pageant, but now she'll get a Canadian TV show.
TORONTO – E! Canada has ordered a reality series about the Canadian transgender beauty queen Jenna Talackova.
The Toronto-based model -- born as Walter before a sex change -- failed in her bid to compete in the Miss Universe Canada pageant.
But Talackova has secured from Canadian broadcaster Bell Media and producer Peacock Alley Entertainment an eight-episode order for a series, Brave New Girl, about her headline-grabbing effort to work as a model.
Joining her for the journey are friends, including a documentary filmmaker, and an outspoken model and student.
Talackova first gain international attention when, backed by celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, she failed to convince Donald Trump to allow her to compete in Canada's Miss Universe competition.
“Jenna's glamorous life, unique voice and pop culture relevance is a perfect fit for E!'s fabulous brand of entertainment,” said Carrie Mudd, president of Peacock Alley, and producer on the series.
Brave New Girl starts production this summer and is set to premiere on E! in fall 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws