E! Entertainment to Launch in Russia
The Universal Networks International channel brand, home to "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," will also become available in the Commonwealth of Independent States in the second quarter.
LONDON – NBCUniversal's Universal Networks International will launch E! Entertainment Television in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States in the second quarter.
Key programming to roll out on the Russia/CIS channel includes the latest seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Fashion Police, as well as E! Specials and new series such as #Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, among others. E! is currently seen in 150 countries and delivered in 26 languages.
NBCUniversal International Television's channels division made the announcement on Tuesday.
Satpal Brainch, UNI executive vp and managing director, described E! Entertainment Television as a "core channel brand for Universal Networks International," calling the launch in Russia and the CIS as "an exciting development for both the channel and our business in these markets."
Brainch added, "We look forward to the channel resonating with viewers and advertisers across the region."
Among pay TV distributors that will make E! available are MTS, Rostelecom Akado, Beeline and NTV-Plus. The CIS includes various former Soviet republics.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR