E! News' Giuliana Rancic Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
The anchor and "Fashion Police" co-host reveals the news on the "Today" show Monday.
E! News anchor Giuliana Rancic is battling breast cancer, she revealed Monday on the Today show.
Doctors discovered a tumor during a mammogram she received while undergoing in-vitro fertilization. She has been vocal about her attempts to get pregnant with husband Bill Rancic, the winner of The Apprentice. Her first attempt at IVF ended in miscarriage, and her second attempt was not successful.
Rancic will undergo surgery this week and then faces six weeks of radiation therapy, she revealed on the Today show Monday. She says the prognosis is good because the disease was detected early.
Rancic, 36, said she wasn't planning on having a mammogram until she turned 40, but her IVF doctor suggested she get one earlier.
"I still want this baby ... because this baby has saved my life," she said on the Today show. "I truly feel God was looking out after me … If I had gotten pregnant later down the line, I could have been a lot sicker."
She says Rancic has been "unbelievable. The best thing about Bill is, he lets me cry when I want to cry."
Rancic — who also co-hosts E!’s Style Police and has a reality show on the Style Network -- will still try to get pregnant.
This October is the 25th anniversary of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR