E! Online Twitter Account Hacked
After sending out a series of fake story posts, the account was suspended.
In the latest example of a news outlet having a social-media account compromised, E! Online's official Twitter handle was apparently hacked on Saturday.
"E online's breaking news twitter and sms accounts were compromised today," said E! in a statement. "We're working to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are fully investigating the incident. We apologize for any confusion that the erroneous news alerts may have caused."
The @eonline account, which had 5.2 million followers, is currently listed as suspended. A screenshot taken of the account shows numerous false messages were posted before it was suspended.
Twitter accounts for CBS' 60 Minutes and 48 Hours have also been hacked within the last month.
The most notable recent hack may be when the Associated Press account (@AP) sent out a fake story about a White House attack on April 23, temporarily affecting the stock market.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR