E! Programming Chief Jeff Olde Sets Senior Leadership Team
Talent development svp Blythe Asher and programming/development vp Leela Pon are among the execs to get promoted as Olde gets him programming team in order.
Jeff Olde is solidifying his leadership team.
As E!’s new evp programming and development, Olde appears committed to promoting from within. Already, he has upped Blythe Asher and Leela Pon to svp talent development and casting and vp programming and development, respectively. Along with Damla Dogan, who will continue to serve as svp programming and development, the pair will report directly to Olde, who joined E! officially in early July after a lengthy tenure at VH1.
Additionally, Kevin Plunkett will remain as svp scripted programming, with Kate Hoenigsberg, newly promoted to director scripted programming, reporting to him. Plunkett joined from ABC as the cable network looked to make its foray into scripted back in 2011. (Despite several projects in development, E! has not yet put a scripted effort on the air.)
“Led by Damla, Blythe, Leela and Kevin, our talented team has contributed substantially to E!’s ongoing growth as a global pop culture brand. We are excited for what’s ahead and look forward to collaborating with the creative community in new ways that build on the success of our popular franchises,” said Olde in a statement announcing the news on Wednesday.
Dogan has been at E! since 2007, and has led the development of the Kardashian franchise as well as new entry, Total Divas. Like Olde, she moved to the female-skewing network from VH1. For her part, Asher joined E! in 2009, having previously worked at MTV, and in that time has overseen the talent and casting for Fashion Police, E! News and the net’s red carpet fare. She also handles casting, booking and talent relations for E! pilots, series and specials. Finally, Pon manages Chelsea Lately as well as the development of upcoming talk show, Hello Ross, and fashion series The Trend.
Other promotions include Missy Fox to director programming and development and Julie St. Aubin to manager programming and development, both reporting to Dogan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)