E! Rebrands in Canada With 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians'
The network is relaunching (with a three-day marathon of the sisters) on Nov. 29 after a year off air.
Chelsea Handler and the Kardashians are set to hit Canada.
E! Entertainment Television is set to return north on Nov. 29 following a year's absence from the Canadian airewaves with a local debut for E!’s late night talk show Chelsea Lately.
Then, from Dec. 3, CTV is to air a three-day marathon of E!’s Keeping Up With the Kardashians as the Canuck broadcaster rebrands its Star! cable channel as E! Canada.
E! Canada will then roll out E! shows like Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami, Kendra, The Soup, Fashion Police and Married to Rock.
The latest E! programming airing in Canada follows the former Canwest Global Communications Corp. in November 2009 pulling the plug on an earlier over-the-air E! network rebrand in partnership with Comcast.
CTV’s current channel rebrand of Star! in partnership with Comcast will get E! immediately into 6.2 million Canadian homes.
The E! Canada cable channel will offer 50% Canadian programming, and 40% in primetime, to comply with local laws.
E! Canada will have access to both current and library series from its U.S. partner to target local audiences and advertisers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'