E3 2012: Usher Provides Choreography For 'Dance Central 3'
"Here was an opportunity to get closer to my fans,” the singer told THR.
Usher gave a surprise performance of his hit "Scream" to launch “Dance Central 3” on Kinect for Xbox 360, Monday at Microsoft's E3 press conference.
The latest game in the dance series from Harmonix Music Systems and Microsoft Studios includes today’s music and classic hits such as "The Hustle."
As part of the game, Usher choreographed dance routines to his "Scream" and "OMG," and participated in a motion capture shoot to bring the moves to the game.
“Here was an opportunity to get closer to my fans,” he told The Hollywood Reporter. “This was a chance to teach them how to dance in a very fun and recreational way.”
Explaining that this was his first experience with motion capture, he added, “It’s really cool to see how this works and how much detail goes into it… I really think the technology is amazing, to be able to track your entire body. I was really blown away. I had to be a part of this.”
He views these capabilities as a “wave of the future … Kinect allows you to be a part of it.”
Usher’s upcoming album, Looking 4 Myself, will be released on June 12.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws