E3: 5 New Games Generating Buzz
"Star Wars: The Old Republic" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" will be unveiled at the gaming confab.
The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo kicks off at the Los Angeles Convention Center next week, and The Hollywood Reporter details which new games are going to have people talking come Tuesday.
Star Wars: The Old Republic (Electronic Arts)
The massively multiplayer online game is set in an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader and allows gamers to step into characters that follow the light or the dark side of the Force.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
The best-selling first-person shooter returns with more interactive features (reportedly for a monthly charge) and a plot featuring special forces looking to retake Wall Street from Russian attackers.
BioShock Infinite (Take-Two)
The franchise, which has sold 8 million units, returns with players having to free a girl from 1912 Columbia, an immense city in the sky.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
The latest installment of the action-adventure game sees the protagonist travel between a world in the clouds and land to fight evil forces.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Sony)
The game combines historical and adventure stories, featuring the wisecracking Drake.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR