e5 CEO: 'No truth' to Nikki Finke claim
In a blog post Thursday on Deadline Hollywood, Nikki Finke wrote, "... in early December 2009, the new owners of The Hollywood Reporter approached me about becoming the trade's new editor-in-chief. In late January 2010, they made me a very lucrative financial offer."
Richard Beckman, CEO of THR's parent company e5 Global Media, responded by saying that "there is no truth to the report that the site's editor has been offered the job of editor-in-chief.
"We have great ambitions for The Hollywood Reporter and all its properties and intend to create the most powerful platform in the entertainment industry," Beckman said.
E5 Global Media purchased The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Adweek and other Nielsen Business Media properties in December.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10