'Eagle of the Ninth' adds cast
Adds Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, Donald Sutherland
LONDON -- Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell, Donald Sutherland and Mark Strong are all strapping on their swords and sandals for Kevin Macdonald's "The Eagle of the Ninth."
The quartet have signed to star in the Duncan Kenworthy-produced Roman epic co-financed by Focus Features and the U.K. broadcaster Channel Four's filmmaking arm Film4.
Currently shooting on location in Hungary before moving to Scotland, the script is penned by Jeremy Brock, who last worked with Macdonald on "The Last King of Scotland."
Set in second century Britain, the movie follows the story of young centurion Marcus Aquila (played by Tatum) who arrives from Rome to solve the mystery of the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in the mountains of Scotland and to restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth.
Kenworthy will produce with Caroline Hewitt taking on co-producer duties.
Focus Features European production svp Teresa Moneo -- who, with Focus Features International president of sales and distribution Alison Thompson brought the project into the company -- is supervising the film's production alongside Film4 chief Tessa Ross.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR