Ealing Metro, Prescience Board Naomi Foner's 'Very Good Girls' (Cannes)
Coming-of-age story stars Dakota Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen, Peter Sarsgaard, Dustin Hoffman and Sissy Spacek.
CANNES -- Ealing Metro International and Prescience, financers of Oscar winner The Kings Speech have boarded Very Good Girls, starring Dakota Fanning alongside Elizabeth Olsen, Peter Sarsgaard, Dustin Hoffman and Sissy Spacek.
CAA handled the financing with Prescience and is handling North American sales in association with Ealing Metro, which is selling it outside North America.
Billed as a coming-of-age story, Naomi Foner (Running on Empty) wrote the screenplay and will direct.
Producers are Gale Anne Hurd and Hawk Koch.
The story centers on two recent high school graduates who try to lose their virginity during one summer in New York City. Their friendship is tested when they both fall for the same man.
The film will shoot in September.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead