Eccleston suits up for 'G.I. Joe'
Chris Eccleston has been cast as the villainous Destro in Paramount's "G.I. Joe." Repped by Endeavor and Principal Entertainment, Eccleston's credits include "28 Days Later" to "Heroes."
Irish-born actor David Murray originally had been set for the role, but withdrew from the film because of visa issues.
Stephen Sommers is directing the latest script penned by Stuart Beattie.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills