'Eclipse' already breaks release record
'Twilight' film to open with widest domestic release in history
The latest "Twilight" movie already has one record under its belt as it opens with the widest domestic release in boxoffice history.
Along with midnight screenings, some theaters are scheduling showings at 3 a.m. to meet demand as fans line up for the movie.
The second installment in the vampire-romance franchise, last November's "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," leads the boxoffice charts for best opening day with $72.7 million. The movie's opening weekend of $142.8 million is No. 3 on the all-time chart.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR