'Eclipse' still has bite at No. 1 overseas
'Airbender,' 'Despicable,' 'Predators' make notable debuts
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" ruled the foreign theatrical circuit for a second straight session, grossing $81.1 million -- a 22% drop from its opening launch -- over five days from 9,440 screens in 63 markets. Overseas boxoffice total stands at $219 million in 12 days.
The 20th Century Fox sci-fi/action film "Predators," the latest spinoff of director John McTiernan's 1987 title starring Arnold Schwarzenegger -- this one co-produced by Robert Rodriguez and directed by Nimrod Antal with Adrien Brody starring -- opened in 22 markets for $17.3 million from 3,155 locations.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR