Ed Hardy Designer Christian Audigier Now Acting in Movies
A Cannes billboard promoting Christian Audigier's role in the low-budget "Five Thirteen" marked the start of a film career; the newly minted actor tells THR, "It's taking off."
This story first appeared in the June 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Cannes festival goers did a double take when they saw Von Dutch and Ed Hardy designer Christian Audigier's name and face emblazoned on a movie billboard on the Carlton hotel's facade.
The popularizer of rhinestone trucker hats and skull T-shirts is now acting. Turns out the director of the low-budget Five Thirteen, which was at market, asked the French garmento to play a French entrepreneur alongside Tom Sizemore in the Miami-set thriller.
Audigier recently wrapped another film, Death Squad, in which he plays a tough guy in and out of jail. "I've had a lot of people calling me since Cannes," he says of his second career. "It's taking off."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR