Ed Helms in Talks to Star in 'Vacation' Reboot
Helms will play Rusty Griswold, the son of Chevy Chase in the original films.
Ed Helms is in negotiations to star in New Line's planned Vacation reboot.
Helms will play Rusty Griswold, the kid from the original films, who in the new movie will be all grown up and embarking on a vacation with his own family.
John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are directing the project, which plays like both a sequel and a reboot of the Chevy Chase franchise that began with the 1983 Harold Ramis-directed comedy National Lampoon's Vacation. That film was written by John Hughes based on his own experiences on family vacations. Anthony Michael Hall played Rusty in the original.
The franchise continued with European Vacation (1985), Christmas Vacation (1989) and Vegas Vacation (1997).
The new project will start lensing in the spring after Helms wraps The Office.
David Dobkin is producing.
Helms, repped by CAA and Principato Young, is in production on Lionsgate’s They Came Together with Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler and will begin shooting The Hangover Part III in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws