Ed O'Neill: Jane Lynch Shouldn't 'Have Gotten the Emmy' for Glee
The Modern Family star says Sue Sylvester "is just a one-note character."
Ed O'Neill doesn't think Jane Lynch should have won a best supporting actress Emmy for her Glee role.
"I love Jane, honestly I do,” O'Neill told TV Guide. "I’m dying to star in one of Christopher Guest’s movies alongside her, but I don’t think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part. [Sue Sylvester] is just a one-note character."
Who does O'Neill think should have won? His Modern Family wife, Sofia Vergara.
"Sofia is just so, so funny. I don’t think people realize how hilarious she is. She’s so sharp with her wit, it’s amazing," he says.
O'Neill also revealed that he initially turned down Modern Family creators Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd when they approached him to play Jay Pritchett. He was burned out of TV sitcoms after spending 10 years as Al Bundy in Married... With Children.
"Then I read the script, and I said to myself, ‘Oh God, this is so good.’ I put the script down and came back and read it a second time and thought, ‘I have to do this,’” O'Neill says.
But by the time his manager approached the creators again, Craig T. Nelson was in negotiations. Nelson, though, ended up dropping out to join Parenthood.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR