Ed O'Neill: The Straight Man
The "Modern Family" actor -- and first-time Emmy nominee -- explains comedy and how it feels to get his Walk of Fame star.
If the Pittsburgh Steelers hadn't cut the Youngstown State rookie defensive lineman from their training camp roster in 1969, when he was 23, Ed O'Neill's career path might not have led to TV stardom in Married … With Children, Modern Family (season two of which arrives Sept. 20 on DVD and Blu-ray) and more than 50 other film and TV roles. For his efforts, the first-time Emmy nominee, 65, is being honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As he recently drove to a Modern Family table read that has the clan heading to a Western dude ranch in the show's second fall episode, O'Neill spoke to THR about his career.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR