Eddie Cibrian Joining Universal's 'Best Man' Sequel (Exclusive)
Taye Diggs and Terrence Howard are among those reprising their roles for the sequel.
Eddie Cibrian has joined the cast of The Best Man Holiday, Universal Pictures’ sequel to 1999’s The Best Man.
The original movie was an ensemble piece that told of a commitment-shy man who is asked to be the best man at his friend's wedding.
Taye Diggs, Nia Long, Morris Chestnut, Harold Perrineau, Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Monica Calhoun, Melissa De Sousa and Regina Hall are reprising their roles for a story that is set 15 years after the original.
The new movie sees the college friends reunite over the Christmas holiday and discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited.
Cibrian’s role is being kept under wraps.
Malcolm D. Lee, who wrote and directed the 1999 movie, is writing, directing and producing Best Man Holiday. Sean Daniel (The Mummy series) is also producing the film, which will shoot in April in Toronto.
Anikah McLaren, vp production development, is overseeing for Universal.
Cibrian has a slew of TV credits ranging from CSI: Miami and The Playboy Club to For Better or Worse and Hot In Cleveland. He has also nabbed leading roles in films such as Tyler Perry’s Single Mom’s Club, and Tyler Perry’s Good Deeds.
Cibrian is repped by Resolution and manager Steve Sauer of Media Four.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR