Eddie Egan Exits as Illumination Entertainment Marketing Chief
Egan served as head of marketing for Universal Pictures before segueing to Illumination in May 2011.
Eddie Egan is exiting his post as marketing chief for the Universal-backed Illumination Entertainment, the animation powerhouse responsible for the Despicable Me franchise and other box off hits, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
NBCUniversal vice chairman Ron Meyer shared the news Tuesday afternoon in a note to staff. Before taking the job at Chris Meledandri's Illumination in May 2011, Egan was was Universal's president of marketing (when moving over to Illumination, Egan remained a Universal Pictures executive vice president).
Meyer praised Egan for playing a key role in Universal's success through the years.
No reason was given for Egan's exit from Illumination. He marks the latest in a string of Hollywood marketing executives to leave their jobs (voluntarily or not).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack