Nerve Damage Halts Eddie Vedder's Tour Plans
Arm pain tied to a recent back injury forces the Pearl Jam frontman to push back his 23-date solo tour that was to kick off Tuesday. Manager cites "intensity of the injury."
Nerve damage in his right arm has forced Eddie Vedder to lay down his ukulele and postpone a tour that was set to begin next week.
A posting on Pearl Jam’s website said the singer is experiencing temporary nerve damage related to a recent back injury. Vedder’s 23-date solo jaunt to support his 2011 album Ukulele Songs, which was set to kick off April 10 with two shows in Las Vegas, has been pushed to the fall. Refunds will be available at the point of purchase.
"After having worked aggressively with doctors and physical therapists for the last eight weeks to repair the damage, the intensity of the injury and time needed to heal has made it impossible to play the shows as scheduled,” Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis said. “There was hope up until the last minute that the treatments would be successful.”
The new dates, which include multiple shows in eight cities and one-nighters in seven others, begin Oct. 31 at the Pearl in Vegas and run through Dec. 4 in Clearwater, Fla. Glen Hansard, who won an Oscar in 2007 for “Falling Slowly” from the film Once, remains the opening act.
“Eddie is frustrated beyond measure,” Curtis said, “but remains positive that come this summer all will be back in good form."
Pearl Jam is set for a European tour in June and July, to be followed by a handful of Vedder solo dates there. None of those shows has been rescheduled.
Vedder’s solo U.S. tour last year featured him playing songs on the ukulele from his album along with Pearl Jam tunes and covers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay