'Edge,' Madonna pic set for Turin festival
Bill Maher and Larry Charles' religion documentary "Religulous," John Maybury's romantic drama "The Edge of Love" and Jia Zhang Ke's "24 City" will be among the highlights of the 26th Turin Film Festival.
Although the full lineup will not be released until Friday, the festival released the names of about two dozen titles in various sections a week early. Other highlights include Madonna's directorial debut, "Filth and Wisdom," and Kelly Reichardt's drama "Wendy and Lucy."
Most of the films named so far — and all of the above — are in the official selection. But there has been no word on the makeup of the festival's competition lineup, which focuses on directors' first and second works.
As announced, Oliver Stone's "W." will open the fest, which will include a Roman Polanski retrospective. Stone and Polanski are expected to appear at the Nov. 21-29 fest. (partialdiff)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR