'Edge,' Madonna pic set for Turin festival
Bill Maher and Larry Charles' religion documentary "Religulous," John Maybury's romantic drama "The Edge of Love" and Jia Zhang Ke's "24 City" will be among the highlights of the 26th Turin Film Festival.
Although the full lineup will not be released until Friday, the festival released the names of about two dozen titles in various sections a week early. Other highlights include Madonna's directorial debut, "Filth and Wisdom," and Kelly Reichardt's drama "Wendy and Lucy."
Most of the films named so far — and all of the above — are in the official selection. But there has been no word on the makeup of the festival's competition lineup, which focuses on directors' first and second works.
As announced, Oliver Stone's "W." will open the fest, which will include a Roman Polanski retrospective. Stone and Polanski are expected to appear at the Nov. 21-29 fest. (partialdiff)
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR