Editors Name Steven Spielberg Filmmaker of the Year
The "Lincoln" director will receive the American Cinema Editors' top honor at the 63rd Annual ACE Eddie Awards.
Steven Spielberg will be honored with the ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year Award at the American Cinema Editors’ 63rd annual ACE Eddie Awards, which will be held Feb. 16 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
"Steven Spielberg is a cinematic treasure,” the ACE Board of Directors, which announced the award Tuesday, said in a statement. “For over four decades he has been moving audiences around the world with his unique, powerful brand of storytelling. As one of the most successful directors in history, he has brought us beloved films, which have not only delighted us but have been indelibly woven into our cultural fabric. Throughout it all, he has worked side by side with the great Michael Kahn, A.C.E., forming a director-editor partnership that has lasted decades. It is our pleasure to recognize him with the ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year honor, especially in a year where he has, once again, created a masterpiece with his latest film, Lincoln.”
Lincoln also has been nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture and best director.
ACE, the honorary society of film editors, is comprised of more than 700 editors working in film and television. The ACE Eddie Awards recognize outstanding editing in nine categories of film, television and documentaries.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10