Edko, Irresistible Announce 'Nightfall' and 'Cold War' at Asian Film Market
Both films are Hong Kong-based thrillers produced by 'Crouching Tiger's' Bill Kong.
BUSAN, South Korea -- Hong Kong-based Edko Films and Irresistible Films unveiled two action projects at the Asian Film Market, Nightfall and Cold War, produced by Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon producer Bill Kong.
Starring award-winning actors Nick Cheung and Simon Yam as an ex-con and a detective, respectively, on the trail of a brutal murder, the $7 million Nightfall is the second collaboration of the helmer-writer team Roy Chow and Christine To (Murderer). Now in post-production, the film is scheduled for March 2012.
Cold War, a $9 million police action drama with an undisclosed cast is produced by Kong, Matthew Tang, and Ivy Ho. Set amidst a hostage crisis, the story sees the Hong Kong police force’s efforts in stopping a dangerous group of hijackers. Filming will commence later this month.
“Even though the plots are very different, the chase and action aspects of both films are sure to leave audiences breathless. We want to bring the focus back to Hong Kong cinema and to the quintessential elements that people love most,” Kong said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR