Edward Asner joins CMT comedy pilot
Liza Snyder also cast in lead role on 'Regular Joe'
Emmy winner Edward Asner has signed on for CMT's comedy pilot "Regular Joe."
The cable network also has cast Liza Snyder ("Yes, Dear") in a lead role on the show, which is executive produced by David Litt, Nina Wass and Eugene Stein.
Asner will play the father of Joe (Tom Arnold). He's a gruff and outspoken man who has recently returned to dating after separating from his wife of many years.
If greenlighted, the pilot will represent a return for Asner to the medium that made him a household name in the 1970s with his work in "Mary Tyler Moore" and its "Lou Grant" spinoff.
Snyder will play Marine, Joe's smart and funny wife. She's repped by APA and the Susan Smith Co.; Asner is repped by Greene & Associates and Perry Zimel.
The project is part of CMT's scripted series push; the network ordered four comedy pilots this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR