Edward Norton to Judge Firefox Flicks Video Competition (Exclusive)
The actor is among industry vets officiating the contest, which challenges aspiring filmmakers to create works celebrating the company’s new mobile operating system.
Aspiring filmmakers wanting some big Hollywood attention may get their chance with Firefox Flicks Video Competition. A number of industry vets, including Edward Norton, are slated to judge the contest celebrating the company's mobile operating system, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Others on the judging panel are producer Shauna Robertson (Superbad and Knocked Up), producer Couper Samuelson (Paranormal Activity), Bob Harvey (EVP Global Sales and Marketing for Panavision), Franklin Leonard (founder of the Black List) and Catherine Ogilvie (EMEA Marketing).
The contest is challenging Mozilla fans to create videos demonstrating the power of the company’s new mobile Firefox OS.
"What I really think is cool about Firefox Flicks is that it marries the core philosophy of liberating people to say what they want to say and connects it to something that's happening in the arts and film,” Norton said.
The grand prize winner will be flown to Los Angeles to work with Samuelson and script developer Leonard and Panavision to create a 60-second spot.
Other awards include:
Early Entry Awards — $1,000 will be awarded to multiple entries for submitting by the early deadline of April 3. The top three entries will be included in the final round.
Regional Winners — $5,000 will be awarded to one winner from each contest region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific). One runner-up from each region will get a $2,500 cash prize.
People’s Choice Award — Fans will be able to vote throughout August, with three winning films being promoted via Firefox social media accounts and Mozilla.org. Winners will also get a Firefox Flicks swag bag.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10