Legendary El Bulli Restaurant to Re-open for Feature Film
Chef Ferran Adria is on board as an adviser for shoots at the three-Michelin-star Catalan eatery.
This story first appeared in the March 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Culinary cognoscenti have been salivating over news that shuttered three-Michelin-star restaurant El Bulli -- whose pioneering molecular gastronomy drew the likes of Penelope Cruz and Eva Longoria to its remote Catalan location -- soon will reopen for production of a feature film about its high-pressure kitchen, with imperious chef Ferran Adria as an on-set adviser.
"It'll be The Breakfast Club meets Dead Poets Society meets The Social Network," says producer Philippe Rousselet (Source Code), who hopes to land "obvious first choice" Javier Bardem for Adria's role. He's wary, though, of would-be extras who have begun swarming, hoping to taste a few dishes.
"Once we have shooting dates," says Rousselet, "I'm shutting my phone off."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR