'Electric Daisy Carnival' Movie Yanked From Regal, AMC Theaters
Decision was based on melee that broke out at the Hollywood premiere of the film Wednesday.
Regal and AMC theater chains want no part of the Electric Daisy Carnival Experience. Citing the melee that broke out at the premiere of the film in Hollywood, the companies will not screen the documentary, reports the Los Angeles Times.
On Wednesday, police in riot gear fought off crowds flocking to see DJ Kaskade -- one of the acts featured in the film -- perform. Kaskade had invited fans via Twitter to watch him play despite the fact that his appearance was for an invite-only screening.
Event promoter Insomniac confirmed the film had been dropped via its website Friday, but encouraged fans to seek alternative screenings: "We are very disappointed that Regal and AMC theaters have abruptly decided not to show the Electric Daisy Carnival Experience. [The] film has not been cancelled and will continue to be shown in hundreds of theaters nationwide.
"It is extremely disheartening that some theaters wrongly associated an unaffiliated block party, and its disorderly crowd, with the private screening of the film. The individuals who caused problems outside of our movie premiere were not the same audience, which wants to buy tickets to the film, just as the same people that cause disturbances after a sporting event do not represent all fans of that team."
The film about the annual rave focuses primarily on the 2010 edition of the event, featuring footage shot from helicopters above the stadium as well as candid interviews with artists such as David Guetta, Steve Aoki and Kaskade.
Electric Daisy Carnival Experience opens nationwide Aug. 4.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)