Electronic Arts' 'Battlefield' 3 Tops Gamescom Awards
EA also scores with Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Sims Social and soccer title FIFA 12.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Electronic Arts dominated this year's Gamescom Awards, taking four of seven prizes, including the top 'best of Gamescom' honor for its combat shooter title Battlefield 3.
EA's hotly-anticipated massive multiplayer online game Star Wars: The Old Republic won Best Online Game, its top-selling soccer title FIFA 12 won the Best Console Game honor and The Sims Social, the free-to-play Facebook version of EA's hit life simulator, took the prize for Best Browser Game.
Sony Computer Entertainment's mobile gaming console, the PlayStation Vita scooped Gamescom's Best Hardware honor. The mobile version of Sony's hit Uncharted franchise, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, won the Best Mobile Game award.
Blizzard Entertainment's action strategy title Diablo III won Best PC Game and Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment won Best Family Game.
The Gamescom prizes were handed out at the opening of this year's European confab, which runs through Aug. 21 in Cologne.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws