Electronic Arts Drops Tiger Woods From Cover of His Own Game
Sales of 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour' game have dropped 60% worldwide since scandal; golfer's image replaced by golf hole flag.
The woes continue for Tiger Woods off the course. Last year, Electronic Arts made the golfing great share the cover of his bestselling game with Northern Irish rookie Rory McIlroy for the first time ever. This year, following the controversy away from the green and lackluster play on it, Woods has been dropped from the cover of the March 29th release of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii. Woods has been replaced with a shot of the iconic yellow flag at Augusta National Golf Club, which is a major focus for the new game. Woods will appear on the PlayStation 3 Collector's Edition of the game, which will cost $10 more and include five additional courses.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR