'Elegy' Director Boards Fantasy Romance 'Age of Adaline' (Exclusive)
Lakeshore Entertainment, Sydney Kimmel Entertainment and Anonymous Content are behind the project, which was once a Katherine Heigl vehicle.
Spanish director Isabel Coixet has signed on to direct The Age of Adaline, a fantasy romance being made by Lakeshore Entertainment, Sydney Kimmel Entertainment and Anonymous Content.
Written by Mills Goodloe and Sal Paskowitz, the film centers on a young woman, born at the turn of 20th century, who is rendered ageless after an accident. After years of a solitary life, she meets a man who might be worth losing her immortality.
The project was at one point a vehicle for Katherine Heigl but the actress is no longer attached. Gabrielle Muccino was also attached to direct.
Coixet is known for her pensive romantic dramas such as 2003’s My Life Without Me, which starred Sarah Polley and Mark Ruffalo, 2005’s Secret Life of Words, with Polley and Tim Robbins, and 2008’s Elegy, which starred Penelope Cruz and Ben Kingsley.
She also directed The Map Sounds of Tokyo, a thriller featuring a mostly Japanese cast which was not released in the U.S.
She is repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR