Elias Axume Promoted to President, Maya International Distribution
Jack Campbell is appointed to vp at company, which has acquired films starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Eva Longoria, and Rebecca Hall this year.
Elias Axume has been promoted to president, Maya International Distribution, it was announced today by Moctesuma Esparza, Maya Entertainment chairman and CEO, to whom he reports.
Jack Campbell, who joined the company three years ago, has been appointed vp, Maya International Distribution, and will report to Axume.
Axume joined Maya in August, 2010 and had been serving as executive vp. During the past year, the company has acquired ten films, including Café with Jennifer Love Hewitt, A Bag of Hammers, with Rebecca Hall, Without Men with Eva Longoria, Repeaters with Amanda Crew and The Jesuit, written and to be directed by Paul Schrader.
The company also has established a multi-million dollar fund for future acquisitions to be overseen by Axume.
“Elias has worked aggressively to expand our International and acquisitions business in the global marketplace adding many terrific films to our growing library,” Esparza said. “He has the depth of experience and an understanding of the international market that is invaluable in identifying films that are commercially appealing and bring value to the company.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'