Elijah Wood Joins Rashida Jones-Andy Samberg Romantic Comedy (Exclusive)
"Celeste and Jesse Forever," written by Jones and Will McCormack, is directed by Lee Toland Krieger.
Elijah Wood has joined the cast of Celeste and Jesse Forever, the romantic comedy starring Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg, which is being directed by Lee Toland Krieger.
The script, by Jones and Will McCormack, follows a couple (Jones and Samberg) in the midst of a divorce attempting to maintain their friendship while pursuing new relationships.
Wood will play Celeste’s business partner, a metrosexual who tries to be her “saucy gay friend.”
Emma Roberts, Ari Graynor and Chris Messina are among the cast members.
Jennifer Todd and Suzanne Todd are producing for Team Todd along with Lee Nelson for Envision Media Arts. The movie was previously set up at Fox Atomic and Overture Films before those companies shuttered.
The casting comes as Wood heads into his first TV series, the offbeat FX comedy Wilfred, which premieres June 23 and runs for 13 episodes. And later this summer the actor reprises his role as Frodo in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit and will be voicing a lead in Tron: Uprising, Disney’s animated series due next year.
Wood has a few projects in the can: Sky TV and Syfy’s adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island and the animated tentpole Happy Feet 2, which sees Wood coming back as the voice of Mumble the fleet-footed penguin.
Wood is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR