Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine Group Expands into Spain and Portugal
Well-known local producer Macarena Rey to head new division Shine Iberia.
LONDON -- Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine Group added another jigsaw piece to its international rollout Wednesday, announcing that it is expanding into Portugal and Spain through the launch of a new regional division Shine Iberia, to be headed by local producer Macarena Rey.
The new business will launch new content and boost local production from a catalog of Shine's formats that includes The Biggest Loser, Masterchef and In It To Win It.
Rey, who is currently director general of leading Spanish prodco BocaBoca Producciones, will take the reins in July and begin recruiting staff for the new operation.
Shine Group, which was recently acquired by News Corp. for almost $700 million, has expanded into the Nordic markets, France, Germany and Australia in the past two years.
“It is very exciting to be establishing Shine Iberia with Macarena at the helm," said Shine Group CEO and chairman Elisabeth Murdoch. "As a strategy we continue to bring amazing, respected, creative and entrepreneurial talent to lead our establishment in key territories and further complement the Shine Group as a whole."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR