Elissa Greer Named FilmDistrict Senior VP of Publicity
She joins the indie distributor's new marketing team assembled by Christine Birch.
Elissa Greer has joined indie distributor FilmDistrict as senior vice president of publicity. She will report to Christine Birch, president of marketing, who announced the appointment Monday.
Greer, who will oversee the company’s domestic theatrical publicity and promotional campaigns, most recently worked on as publicity consultant on such films as Bully, Me and Orson Welles and Precious. Prior to that she held the post of executive vice president of publicity and promotion at New Line Cinema, where she began her career in 1992 as director of field publicity and promotions.
Greer’s hiring completes a new marketing team that Birch has assembled since joining FilmDistrict in March. Recent hires include Tracy Pollard, senior vp of creative advertising; Brad Goldberg, senior vp of media; and Anna Baxter as senior vp of digital marketing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack