Elizabeth Banks and Husband Sell Comedy to Fox (Exclusive)
The "Our Idiot Brother" co-star joins a string of well-known actresses taking their turn behind the camera.
Fox is getting cozy with Elizabeth Banks.
The actress and her author/producer husband Max Handelman have sold a single-camera comedy titled Dave's Dead to the top rated network. The project, which hails from 20th Century Fox Television, is being billed as Shaun of the Dead meets My Name is Earl.
The couple, who have been married for nearly a decade, will serve as non-writing executive producers on the comedy, joining a growing list of high-profile actors -- including Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Reynolds, Natalie Portman and Will and Jada Pinkett Smith -- getting involved as producers this development season.
In this case, Eric Siegel and Eric D. Wasserman (Traffic Light, Hard Times of RJ Berger, Roommates) are on board to write and executive produce the project.
Banks, whose on-camera TV credits include 30 Rock and Scrubs, is repped by UTA.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR