Elizabeth Olsen Horror Film 'Silent House' Opening March 9
The Open Road Films/Liddell Entertainment release could benefit from awards attention surrounding the actress' performance in "Martha Marcy May Marlene."
Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment have set March 9 as the national release date for the horror thriller Silent House, starring Elizabeth Olsen.
The March date could build on the awards attention that Olsen is attracting for her performance in Fox Searchlight’s Martha Marcy May Marlene, for which she has earned a Gotham Award nomination as breakthrough actor of the year.
In the movie, directed by the Open Water filmmaking team of Chris Kentis and Laura Lau, Olsen plays a young woman trapped in her family’s secluded lakeside home.
"Lizzie is phenomenal. She committed herself completely to the role and unusual challenges of our production. She's so talented and has such great instincts, she amazed us with how little she needed and how much she gave,” Lau and Kentis said.
Produced by Agnes Mentre of Tazora Films, the film is an Elle Driver presentation, with Adeline Fontan Tessaur, Eva Diederix, George Paaswel and Silverwood Films’ Lynette Howell, serving as executive producers. Lau’s screenplay was based on the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda, written by Oscar Estevez.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing