Ellen Burstyn Joins Kevin Costner in 'Draft Day'
Jennifer Garner will also star in Summit/OddLot's football-centric drama.
Ellen Burstyn has joined the cast of Summit and OddLot's Draft Day, the NFL-centric feature being directed by Ivan Reitman.
Montecito Pictures is producing with OddLot Entertainment.
Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner are starring in the movie, about a general manager (Costner) who must make some tough professional and personal choices in the 24-hour period of the NFL draft.
Burstyn will play Costner’s tough mother, whose football coach of a husband just passed away and must now deal with her son.
Denis Leary and Frank Langella are already in the cast.
The movie begins shooting next week, first in New York City to capture actual moments of the draft, then will move to Cleveland.
Burstyn is an acting legend whose more recent noteworthy work includes a stint on HBO’s Big Love, playing Barbara Bush in Oliver Stone’s W., and Darren Aronofsky’s Requiem for a Dream, for which she received her fifth Oscar nomination.
She is repped by Innovative Artists and Schiff Co.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10