'Ellen DeGeneres Show' partners with AOL
Cross-promotion deal is part of AOL content push
AOL is continuing to partner with media personalities, inking a cross-promotion deal with Telepictures Productions for the "Ellen DeGeneres Show."
AOL on Tuesday started promoting the show's Web site on several of its lifestyle channels, including AOL Television and PopEater, Mediaweek reported.
In turn, the show's site EllenTV.com will feature AOL branding and links to various AOL sites. Plus, Ellen will also occasionally mention the partnership during her show. AOL, which has been looking to beef up its content offerings under the leadership of CEO Tim Armstrong, will also begin carrying video clips from Ellen's show on several of its sites.
One recent focus have been partnerships with media personalities with a built in audience, such as the recent launch of teen-oriented site Cambio in conjunction with The Jonas Brothers
Thanks to the Ellen deal, AOL will gain credit for EllenTV.com's audience in third-party research reports, providing it with a boost in reach and perhaps ranking in some categories, according to Mediaweek.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR