'Ellen DeGeneres Show' Partners With Yahoo's Shine For Web Hosting Deal (Exclusive)
The portal's female-skewing website, which boasts 30 million unique visitors a month, is making a push for celebrity partnerships.
Expect the host of The Ellen DeGeneres Show to periodically plug a website called Shine beginning next week.
As part of a deal that DeGeneres is set to announce Friday, her TV talk show’s online presence at ellen.warnerbros.com will be hosted by Shine, which Yahoo launched four years ago and says is the biggest U.S. site dedicated to women.
The partnership is the second after Shine struck an unannounced relationship with Anderson Cooper, and about a dozen more are coming in the next couple of months.
“You’ll be seeing several more on Shine and other Yahoo properties,” said Jessica Jensen, vice president of lifestyles media for Yahoo.
“We’re basically looking to build out a whole new set of voices on Shine. There will be authors, political figures and network TV personalities,” she said. “There’s a lot of people knocking on our door. They’ve done great things in print or TV or what have you, and know that if they want to reach 10 million people in a day, Yahoo can do that.”
In the case of DeGeneres, her show will provide clips to the website and Shine will display them with video commercials. The parties will share the ad revenue and DeGeneres will promote Shine on her TV show, but beyond that the financial details of the relationship were not disclosed.
The Ellen website usually draws 2 million unique viewers a month, according to Jensen, but those numbers are expected to increase under Yahoo’s care.
“Considering we have 30 million on Shine and 180 million on Yahoo, we can really move the needle for her,” Jensen said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack