Ellen Page Death Threats Under Investigation by the LAPD
The actress has been targeted via Twitter and phone calls to the L.A. Film Festival, where “To Rome With Love” screened earlier this summer.
The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating a series of death threats targeted toward actress Ellen Page on Twitter, which also coincide with threatening phone calls to the L.A. Film Festival.
The unnamed suspect writes, “I’m going to murder Ellen Page. She’s dead,” according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by the L.A. Times. Additionally, the warrant states that organizers of the L.A. Film Festival received anonymous calls from someone threatening to kill Page. Her latest film, To Rome With Love, screened at the fest in June.
Page’s management team alerted Twitter and police detectives as soon as they became aware of the threats. Detectives then sought out a search warrant in order to trace the sender’s Twitter accounts.
A spokeswoman for the LAPD said that detectives began investigating the messages in June, but would not disclose any additional details of the probe.
Ellen Page is currently filming the drama Touchy Feely with director Lynn Shelton opposite Rosemarie DeWitt and Allison Janney. In 2008, Page was nominated for a best actress Oscar for her breakout role in Juno.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR