Ellen Page Death Threats Under Investigation by the LAPD
The actress has been targeted via Twitter and phone calls to the L.A. Film Festival, where “To Rome With Love” screened earlier this summer.
The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating a series of death threats targeted toward actress Ellen Page on Twitter, which also coincide with threatening phone calls to the L.A. Film Festival.
The unnamed suspect writes, “I’m going to murder Ellen Page. She’s dead,” according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by the L.A. Times. Additionally, the warrant states that organizers of the L.A. Film Festival received anonymous calls from someone threatening to kill Page. Her latest film, To Rome With Love, screened at the fest in June.
Page’s management team alerted Twitter and police detectives as soon as they became aware of the threats. Detectives then sought out a search warrant in order to trace the sender’s Twitter accounts.
A spokeswoman for the LAPD said that detectives began investigating the messages in June, but would not disclose any additional details of the probe.
Ellen Page is currently filming the drama Touchy Feely with director Lynn Shelton opposite Rosemarie DeWitt and Allison Janney. In 2008, Page was nominated for a best actress Oscar for her breakout role in Juno.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David