Elmo's 'Muppets' Heartbreak
Fans of Elmo might be let down to learn that the character does not appear in Disney's Nov. 23 reboot The Muppets. Among the disappointed is star and co-writer Jason Segel, who was rebuffed in ironic fashion. "I wrote a scene where we were trying to get Elmo to be the celebrity host of The Muppet Show, anda team of lawyers tells us no," Segel said Nov. 9 on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. "[Then] that's what actually happened -- a team of lawyers told us Elmo wasn't available." Disney bought the Muppets from the Jim Henson estate in 2004, but Sesame Street characters remain with the Children's Television Workshop. Crossovers have occurred, but studio attorneys apparently decided against Elmo. Joked Seacrest, "Can you imagine going to law school, and that's what you're defending?" Disney declined comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)