Elton John Plays Wedding Singer at Katzenberg Wedding
The British music icon performed at Jeffrey Katzenberg’s daughter’s Los Angeles wedding over the weekend.
Elton John's songs are known as wedding favorites, but you usually don't get the man himself to sing them for you -- unless you're the daughter of a former Disney boss.
The British music icon was a surprise performer at the Los Angeles wedding of Laura Katzenberg, daughter of producer Jeffrey Katzenberg.
Elton played the song for the first dance for Laura Katzenberg and Mark Sudack, a partner in the management company Introspect, with several attendees posting photos of the event on Twitter shortly thereafter.
Jeffrey Katzenberg, currently CEO of DreamWorks Animation, was chairman of The Walt Disney Studios back when Elton John recorded the soundtrack for The Lion King.
Elton John’s rep did not immediately return THR’s request for comment.
The “Rocket Man” singer didn’t just perform at one wedding this past weekend – he also performed at a Los Angeles wedding the night before, between actress Holly Valance and U.K. billionaire Nick Candy, according to TMZ.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills