Elton John Welcomes Baby Boy
The singer is already a father a 2-year-old with husband David Furnish.
Elton John is a new father -- again.
The singer and his husband, David Furnish, welcome a baby boy on Friday via surrogate. Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John joins the couple's 2-year-old son, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John.
The couple broke the news to Hello! magazine Tuesday in a statement.
"Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable," the statement read. "The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
John, 65, and Furnish, 50, married in 2005 after 12 years together. Zachary was born by surrogate on Christmas Day in 2010.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR